Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Status Report: What I've Been Up to Elsewhere

My dear @booksNyarn and I were recently interviewed for the Circulating Ideas podcast as part of the Best Books of 2012 episode!

At Collection Reflection, I wrote a post on how to start weeding your reference collection. The post was recently, to my astonishment, linked to by American Libraries Direct.

I also made a list as one of the 125 librarians to follow on Twitter!

Over on Tumblr, I posted some thoughts about how (and when) I buy books.

I've reviewed quite a few books over at the Lesbrary since I last made this sort of update:

I Can't Think Straight, by Shamim Sharif
Strange Bedfellows, by Q. Kelly
Getting There, by Lyn Denison
But She is My Student, by Kiki Archer; LoveLife, by Rachel Spangler
96 Hours, by Georgia Beers
Switchby Q. Kelly
Keepers of the Cave, by Gerri Hill
Silhouette of a Sparrow, by Molly Beth Griffin [my favorite of this bunch]
The Campaign, by Tracey Richardson
Girl Friends Complete Collection v. 1, by Milk Morinaga
Double Pleasure, Double Pain, by Nikki Rashan

And of course I've been posting with frightening regularity on Twitter. I recommend that you search the hashtag #librarylife to see some of what librarians are up to every day.

No comments: